Sunday, January 7, 2007

Houston New Years

A 'little' description of my houston trip.
It started Thursday, Dec 28. I left directly from Avcom at 12:05 to start my 8 hour drive. Well I guess I got lunch and a drink first. During my drive I listened to a few books on tape. Jack Welch - Winning and John Maxwell - 25 Ways to Win with People. I arrived in Houston at 7:45 but at my destination at 8:20.

Natalie's family was just finishing up the wedding rehearsal for one of Natalie's sisters, Chrissy. Natalie and I opened our Christmas gift to each other almost immediately. She got me a new purple (blue) shirt, a DVD of Wargames, the movie, new wool socks, and a subscription to Popular Science. I got her a pair or two of earrings, a jewelry box, and a watch. Yes, she likes all of them.

Friday went Ice Skating with the wedding party. Lots of fun and few facebooks pics if you can find them.

Saturday was completely wedding. ALL DAY! I videotaped and just helped out a little. Otherwise I stood around and talked sometimes.

Sunday we went to church in the morning. Hung out at her house all afternoon. Then we ate dinner at Pei Wei, went to see Rocky, and then went and hung out with some of her friends for New Years. That party was fun. We played/watched sharades and had a little worship time until 12:05. Then we went and shot off firecrackers.

Monday we went to Fry's Electronics and looked around. Then we ate at Cheesecake Factory. Her and I shared a Chicken Stuff Tortilla with corn cakes. We also split a Banana Cream slice of cheesecake. Umm, umm, good. That night we watched Wargames because Natalie had never seen it. One of the only three movies Natalie has never seen.

Tuesday we met Julie, a friend from ORU MMI, at an outdoor mall to eat lunch at Red Robin. Then the three of us went to IKEA and browsed the large selection of household items. MILLIONS of items. Tuesday night, Natalie, Kimmie, their Mom and I played Rummikub. Then her dad and sister joined in for a game or two of Apple's to Apple's. Overall a fun time.

Wednesday morning at 8:57 am I started the journey home. Stopped in Dallas for lunch at Chipotle, bathroom break, and gas. Then I drove up to the house in Owasso at 5:27 pm.
As of now I have no certain date that I will be able to see Natalie again, except for May 5 at Graduation. But I am sure we will work something out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make up it is prospering to be some carry out prior article, but it really compensated fitted my time. I will postedthe trackback to the article on my blog. I am steadfast ours visitors purposefulness kind-heartedness this very advantageous